Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 8 - a pretty terrible day

This was one of those days where life happens. My Monday was supposed to be a relaxing day off where I could work on things I hadn't had time to get to for a while. However, my day turned out much differently.

Between the heater (set too high) and my cat (likes to sleep on my neck/chest), I didn't get much sleep during the night. I slept in a bit because of that, and then went to bake a cake for my cake decorating class. The dishes hadn't been run yet, so I ran the dishwasher and got on with my day. I ran a few errands and then came back to meet my husband for lunch. My plan for the rest of the day was to paint the last few doors & trim that have not been painted yet. In order to do so, I needed to lock up the cat in our bedroom so she wouldn't try to get into the paint. Problem was, we didn't have a doorknob to lock her in. So after putting the cake in the oven, I made a quick trip to Home Depot for a new doorknob for our door. I came back and took the cake out of the oven to cool, then tried for half an hour, with little success, to get the doorknob on. Near tears of frustration, I gave up and then went to take my cake out of the pan. It fell apart. Cue waterworks. After that, I decided I could still probably get a few doors painted today. I went down to the basement to get the painting supplies, and discovered another leak in our basement. More tears. Then I went to the store to get more baking supplies and came home just in time to throw dinner together before the hubby came home from work. I finished dinner and started working on my new cake when the hubby texted me that he had to work a little late. Great. Now dinner was going to be cold. I finished my cake and got it in the oven just in time for my husband to walk in the door. We wanted to watch one of our favorite shows while eating dinner, but I realized that I still needed to make 2 double-batches of frosting for my class, which was supposed to start in 45 minutes. So no relaxation. I ate quickly and then pounded out the frosting while packing up my supplies for class. I knew I was going to be late already because my cakes weren't done cooling.

On the plus side, my final cake today turned out nicely, I had fun making it, and my new cell phone arrived in the mail today.


So needless to say, I didn't exercise yesterday. Sometimes life just happens and you have to roll with the punches. Check back later today for Day 9!

Update: Day 9 consisted of nearly 3 hours of math homework. Better luck tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment