Monday, January 3, 2011

P90X & Brazil Butt Lift hybrid

Here's what's next for the fit wife:


and... (?!)





Before you go off and think I'm crazy (even though I am), let me explain my reasoning for doing a hybrid of these programs. With P90X there are three different workout plans: classic, lean, and doubles. I have attempted to do each of these at least once. With the classic program, I don't feel like I'm getting enough cardio. With the lean program, I don't feel like I'm getting enough strength training for my upper body. And the doubles program is a HUGE time commitment (averaging 2-3 hours of the dvds a day). I love most of the workouts that I've tried with P90X (with a few exceptions), so I'm following a hybrid of the two programs to give me a more rounded approach to the cardio to weight lifting ratio. Hopefully this will motivate me to keep up with workouts because I will be enjoying them more. This way, I can also switch out different workouts for the ones I can't stand (Yoga X mainly) for ones that I will like better. Honestly, I just would skip the workouts on Yoga days before.


So there you have it - For the next 3 months, I am going to mix Tony Horton's P90X program with Leandro Carvalho's Brazil Butt Lift program (both from beachbody). My workouts will average 1-2 hours daily. Hopefully this will kick my butt back into weight loss gear and help me to get into the best shape of my life. I'll be taking one day at a time. One thing that I've learned from these workout programs is that you have to adapt the programs to what will work best for you. I use these programs as a general guideline for how I should be planning my workouts. Some days, I just don't have the time that I need to put in the full hour-long workout and I will need to substitute what I can do for the day. As long as I'm working on improvement, not perfection, I'll be doing well. As Tony likes to say....


Do your best and forget the rest!

2 comments:

  1. hi! i was wondering if you had a hybrid schedule, ive been wanting to do p90x lean and bbl but cant figure out how to balance getting a good "bum bum" makeover and also arms and abs, any help is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brazilian Buttock Lift allows a more complete, permanent, circumferential transformation of a woman's body, so that the buttock area is not only (or not necessarily) larger, but more shapely and in better proportion to the rest of her.

    ReplyDelete