Wednesday, January 12, 2011

P90X/BBL hybrid: Day 3

Day 3

BBL Tummy Tuck (20 min)
P90X Shoulders & Arms (60 min)

Tummy Tuck wasn't anything too difficult. It was a lot of basic ab and core work - crunches, pulsing crunches, reverse crunches, side planks, planks, etc. It wouldn't have been so brutal had I not still been so sore from Ab Ripper on Monday. Because of this, even the simple crunches were painful.

Shoulders & Arms is one of my favorite workouts from P90X. It's jam-packed with great exercises and some of the best Tony Horton quotes.

"Tip of the day - don't smash your face! Okay? Let somebody else do that."

"I only got one word to say - WOW. And what is 'wow' upside down? MOM."

He just makes me giggle throughout the entire workout.
Here's what the workout looks like:

Warm up

Round 1
Alternating Shoulder Press (12-15)
In & Out Bicep Curl (16)
Two-Arm Triceps Kickback (12-15)
Repeat sequence

Round 2
Deep Swimmer's Press (12-15)
Full Supination Concentration Curl (12-15)
Chair Dip (max reps)
Repeat sequence

Round 3
Upright Row (12-15)
Static Arm Curl (16)
Flip-Grip Triceps Kickback (12-15)
Repeat sequence

Round 4
Seated Two-Angle Shoulder Fly (16)
Crouching Cohen Curl (12-15)
Lying-Down Triceps Extension (12-15)

Bonus Round (optional)
In & Out Straight Arm Shoulder Fly (16)
Congdon Curl (12-15)
Side Tri-Rise (max reps)
Repeat sequence

Cool down


Between each round is a 30-60 second break to shake it out and get water. During these times, I take a "kitty break" because my poor attention deprived cat (or so she believes) must have my attention constantly while I work out.

i can has muscles?



Like what you see? Follow my blog to get updates on your feeds - whichever one you use!

No comments:

Post a Comment