Thursday, March 31, 2011

P90X Week 1 review

I really should have posted this on Saturday......

This is not my first attempt at P90X. I've made it through the first round four times. Every time before, I went with the classic program. This time, I've decided to take the lean route. The lean program is more focused on cardio than on strength training. Don't mistake me by thinking that means it's all cardio and no weight lifting. That's not the case at all.

So here's what my schedule looks like for weeks 1-3:
Tuesday - Core Synergisitcs
Wednesday - Cardio X
Thursday - Ab Ripper X, Shoulders & Arms
Friday - Yoga X
Saturday - Ab Ripper X, Legs & Back
Sunday - Kenpo X
Monday - Rest or Stretch X

For every workout I complete, I'm putting a shiny gold star sticker on my workout schedule calendar, which is on the fridge door. If I get all 6 stars for the week, my husband has to think of a creative, non-food reward for me. I think it's a pretty good deal. =)

Week 1 got 3 out of 6 stars (or 4 out of 7 if you count the rest day... haha). My husband was out of town for the weekend, so I sort of lost motivation when I got to the Yoga dvd. It's 90 minutes long, so it's my least favorite dvd. I did get lots of other exercise over the weekend, though (rearranging furniture, walking around in Ikea, etc.).

I also attempted to start tracking my food intake more carefully. I post my meal plan for the day, along with the WW Points calculations on the Getting In Shape board on The Knot. It's what helped me stick with regular meal planning when I was getting ready for my wedding, so I figured it would be a good place to continue that. The girls on there are very supportive and motivating!

In other news, it has occurred to me that I may have a slight addiction to ice cream. I know that if I want the best results possible, I should try to eat a cleaner diet. As someone said, "Abs are made in the kitchen!" I'm working at getting better at planning healthier, more balanced meals for us. I think my problem lies in my sweet tooth. Hmm... more thoughts on that later, I guess.

Anyway, even with only doing half the workouts for the week and only attempting to track my meals, I actually had a pretty good week on the scale. I'm down 2.2 lbs from last week! That puts me at a little less than 5 lbs to go to my previous lowest weight! Woo hoo!

On to week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment