Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Okay, so I lied.....

...but I was really lying to myself.

I had set a goal of completing the full 90 days before my 1 year anniversary on June 25. So it was for that reason and that reason alone that I had resolved to "push forward" anyway. I thought about how I would feel after finishing.

Yeah, I finished P90X, but I only did 5 workouts in the first two weeks.

I didn't feel like I would be as proud of myself to say I technically "completed" it by my goal deadline.

Enter Janelle - one of my closest friends from high school and still a dear friend to this day. Here she is with me on my wedding day!

(left - me, right - Janelle)

While preparing to begin my week 3 workout, Janelle texted me asking questions about P90X. We talked for a while and ultimately decided to challenge each other to complete P90X together (even though we live 5 1/2 hours away from each other). We're not competing for any prizes or racing for highest percentage of weight loss. We're simply working together to achieve a common goal - a healthier lifestyle.

So I decided I would, in fact, start over. But this time, I have accountability. We're texting each other when we finish our workouts. It feels great to say, "I did it!"

As an added bonus, I just figured out that this only puts me past my original goal by 1 week. Not bad. Not bad at all. :)

BRING IT!!!

P.S. Day 1 and 2 are complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment