Saturday, April 9, 2011

Plateau No More

Remember how I said I was slightly addicted to ice cream? I didn't buy it this week. For one, it's not in our budget right now. But secondly, I don't need to eat ice cream every day. So I had a small bowl at my parents house, and then we went out to ice cream last night (I forgot we had planned it).

This past week, I took the time to plan my meals. I did my best to stick with my plan, and I was "good" with my eating most of the week. I did bake cookies for my biology class on Thursday, and I had pizza and ice cream with my family last night. The key is to treat yourself in moderation.

I haven't missed a day yet this week since I took on the P90X challenge with my friend.
(Yes, I even did Yoga!!!) I've successfully gotten up at 5am each day to workout. Today is a little different due to the fact that we got in at 2am from picking my sister up from the airport. But I am going to continue with my workouts even though it's the weekend.

Yoga pose - Royal Dancer
(photo credit)

I forgot how addicting exercise can be! When I got home from school early this week, I tried to figure out how I would spend my extra hour of time, and all I could think of was wanting to work out some more! I am definitely headed in the right direction.

I love having the accountability of this challenge! I feel pushed and motivated to eat right and complete my workouts every day now! I think it's safe to say that I'm on my way out of my plateau! I've been at a standstill with my weight loss since last November. I bounced around the same 5-7 lbs for 4 months before I finally gave up.

This week, I lost 3.4 lbs!!!!!!

What??? That's awesome! Even with pizza and double ice cream last night? Yup.
It's amazing to see what consistency and hard work can do!

I know this won't be the same every week, but it was so encouraging to say goodbye to the 190's this morning when I stepped on the scale!

I've only got 0.7 lbs until I'm back at my pre-plateau weight.
I've lost a total of 62.9 lbs since my weight loss journey began!

Here are some upcoming milestones, to put it into perspective:
2.1 lbs until I hit 65 lbs
7.1 lbs until I hit 70 lbs
12.1 lbs until I hit 75 lbs

Wow!! Yay!! I'm so excited to continue on!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment