Friday, December 2, 2011

A little update (& good news)!

The last time I posted was about 2 weeks ago about my frustrations with a 29-lb gain over the past year. Right after I posted that, I gained another pound. I was SO frustrated.

I was participating in Zumba classes about 5x a week and strength training about 2x a week. Since my schedule is kind of hectic working three jobs while finishing up my Associates degree, I decided mornings were probably a better time for getting in consistent strength training workouts. I've been doing well with getting up in the mornings to work out. I'm consistently getting up at 4:30am about 4 days a week now for 5am training and also doing a not-as-early 7am training on Saturdays.

It's working.

I caught sight of my tummy in the mirror after Thanksgiving dinner & thought it looked tighter. On Thanksgiving. After dinner. (That still throws me for a loop.) That weekend, I found that I'd lost 3.3 lbs since my last weigh in!

Now here comes the great news!

I'd found Tone It Up a few months ago and I had been interested in trying their diet plan since day 1. I was glued to their free tips, tricks, workouts, and youtube channel (especially the "We Love Food Fridays" videos). It's basically a clean eating lifestyle that also takes into account when you eat & what combination of foods you eat at certain times of the day. I had seen so many success stories tweeted by ladies who were on the plan. It inspired me. I really wanted it, but I knew we couldn't afford it any time in the near future. When I saw they were running a Cyber Monday deal (including $50 of free gear), I tweeted that it was on my Christmas list. So as an early Christmas present, my mom bought me the Tone It Up Fat Burning System Diet Plan!

I started the initial 7 Day Slim Down yesterday, and so far I LOVE it! I'm eating 5 small meals a day & I'm eating really healthy, nutrient dense foods. It's a lower caloric intake than I'm used to, so I'm still adjusting to feeling a little hungry occasionally, but other than that, I have no complaints!

In case you're wondering, here's what Day 1 looked like:
AM workout: cardio + core (45 min)
During AM workout: Zico pineapple coconut water
Breakfast: spinach, tomatoes, & mushrooms scrambled w/egg whites + coffee w/Truvia
Snack: grapefruit
Lunch: baby spinach & arugula salad mix w/chicken & balsamic vinegar + pear
Snack: Think Thin Brownie Crunch bar
Dinner: salmon w/mushrooms & kale chips
PM workout: walking (2.5 hrs)
Post-workout: plain Greek yogurt w/raspberries & Truvia

Like I said, I really really love it so far. I'm excited to see my results at the end of the week!


1 comment:

  1. Reading about your weight loss journey is so inspiring and encouraging...so I've nominated you for an award over at my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete